Friday, May 30, 2008

Miracles happen?!

It was a usual house warming ceremony.The pooja was over.The bhajan and keerthana session started. I was black-mailed and forced to attend this event.Not that i dont like those people .Its that just i cant sit through those never-ending bhajan sessions which is a must for the family that hosted the house-warming.This family,i am talking about,is an all-time believer of sai baba.
In the midst of that symphony(not for me),my grand-aunt got up from her place,may be to drink water or something.She went inside the kitchen next to the living room that connects the dining area,and suddenly we all heard her shouting my uncle's name.Everybody panicked wondering what had happened.Everybody ran to the dining room.I was experiencing a mix of emotions thinking about unnecessary catastrophic events that could have happened.When i went there what i saw was a photograph of baba and my grand-aunt looking at it with a smile on her face.I looked at my dad.He was also smiling.I just gestured him and asked him as to what had happened.He slowly pointed his finger to the bottom of the photo.I saw a heap of "VIBHOOTHI" powder and a few idols of baba on the floor obviously wondering where they had come from.When i looked carefully at the hanging photograph i saw white powder falling from the back of it.It was then that i understood the Whole picture.
The idols along with "VIBHOOTHI" powder were falling from there till midnight.
At first,i dint buy this whole story though it was happening right in front of my eyes.My grand-mom checked that wall,behind of the wall,the photo, who ,like me, dint believe what was happening.

Till date, i cannot understand the science behind it,if there was any.I have to accept that it was indeed a miracle.And i have.
There are certain things in this world which just cant be explained.The existence of us being without any proof proves this fact.I just wanted to share this episode knowing that some people might just think of it as a cooked-up bundle.I am sure many will.
But the fact is
Miracles do happen!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this is a very touchy topic considering the fact that belief in the supernatural is very personal..i think only those who experience it can believe it and it wouldnt be worth convincing others since they would not believe it anyways :)

bhavna said...

@megu
Thats true.Its difficult to convince people who dont believe in such things.In fact if i were to read such a post without experiencing it i wudnt have bought it.
As i have mentioned i just tot of sharing it with others

Anonymous said...

wow. there seems to me some mysterious powers everywhere. Some call it the act of god, some as unnatural. well we dont know yet.
good blog u have here.

bhavna said...

@xylene
thank you!keep visiting.Unnatural or a godly act?.Nobody can explain

Anonymous said...

Yes. Miracles do happen. Remember that Ganesha drinking milk story? I saw it in front of my own eyes. So I believe in such things.

bhavna said...

@mashed
Hey!I remember that ganesha drinking milk thingy.Tried it once,but in vain.Never worked

RJ said...

Bhav - First things first - Lovely post. You are getting super by the day :). I would have loved to see what happened and who wouldn't want to witness such things.

Secondly, I believe miracles happen. It's like a small personal thg that I would like to share. Everytime I eat any kinda sweet at my friend's place, neighbour's house, own house, relative's anywhere - I get the "sticky-sticky" feeling and don't like it at all. Have to get up and wash my hands as soon as I can.

But, when I go to the temple and the priest offers me the prasadam made of milk or honey and I have that I don't get that "sticky" feeling. Obviously, I don't know the science behind it - but it's a personal feeling and I like it.

Neat post again - added you to my blogroll. Keep posting and keep smiling,
~RJ

bhavna said...

@RJ
I will notice the 'sticky' feeling next time.
Thanks for adding me in blog-roll.

Anonymous said...

Its hard to believe in such things. I mean, come on!! There must be some reason behind this. As Meghana says, it's all personal. Some people may believe in miraces and some may consider scientific reasons.


Whats the "Ganesha drinking milk story" ?? Clueless !!

:-/

RJ said...

@Pri - I am no good explaining stuff but I will try! This guy felt that the Ganesha idol he had drank milk when fed. I think he was a cobber - darn can't remember it all, I was in school then!

Touched by the story, all of the spiritual people and not so spiritual people wanted to try with the Ganesh idols thay had. For some it worked (meaning Lord Ganesha drank milk), for some it didn't. Trust me, I have seen it happening and I don't know the science behind it!

Like Megs says - it's personal! I still feel miracles happen :)

bhavna said...

@pri
This guy felt that the Ganesha idol, he had, drank milk when fed.Thats the story behind ganesha drinking milk.
This incident has actually happened and from then i hav started believing in miracles.

bhavna said...

@Rj
thanks for backing-up

RJ said...

Alwez Bhav! :) *wink*

Anonymous said...

So miracles do happen heh =D
I don't believe in miracles much may be because I haven't come across any myself.. so am still waiting!

Anonymous said...

Yeah miracles do happen... We have to believe it... I have heard such viboothi falling from baba's feet... Very well narrated... I haven't seen such miracles but lucky you... Very few will get the opportunity to view that...

RJ said...

@Vids - Take my blessings and you will be bestowed upon with some godly miracles :D :P

J/k :)

bhavna said...

@Balu
MAy you be bestowed with some miracle ASAP..This incident mentioned in the post has REally happened!.

bhavna said...

@Vid
HEy!
Thank you!Keep visiting
You will be LUCKY to see a miracle some time..Don forget to post it!

Rj's so-called j/k is sad..:p

RJ said...

@Bhav - :-X *gussa* u called me sad..sob sob!

bhavna said...

@RJ
:p..was kidding dude
It wasnt even thaat sad..

RJ said...

*RJ's happy* :D :P

Anonymous said...

@ rj
When you have become baba and started blessing all?? :P
Anyways thank you baba ji rj ;) :D

@ bhavu
yeah rj tries something stupid like this :P

RJ said...

@Vids - You too Vidhya!! :)